Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Wolfgang Tillmans - NO to BREXIT



From day one, like many artists, Wolfgang Tillmans has been a passionate and vocal advocate for a NO to BREXIT vote which is looming on Thursday, June 23. Tillmans' writes:
 
Dear Friends

This is the second email about the EU referendum you’ve received from me since I uploaded my posters at the end of April. We’ve now updated the posters, shifting the focus from voter registration to getting people out to vote Remain on 23rd June.

Please go to my website www.tillmans.co.uk to download both jpgs for social media and a PDF to self print posters. Please forward this mail and encourage friends to do the same. No need to hashtag me when posting.

A couple of nights ago I wrote a comment piece for Time Out London magazine and website to be published on Monday. In it I use an image that came to my mind the other day -

Should a Leave vote happen next Thursday, Britain’s message to the 444 million remaining EU members will feel a bit like this:

We lived together for over 40 years in this apartment building of 28 flats. Every member having a key to their own flat and some having even an extra lock on like Britain. We lived together in peace and got used to each other’s oddities. We even got down the utility bills, like phone and air travel and many more, but now I can’t stand living with you any longer. I hate it so much that I want to move out.

Brexiters shelter the public from having to think about what a snub this would be. The EU is not a machine; it is the representation of 508 million people.

Please post the posters and messages, maybe one a day to keep Brexit away.

The xenophobic Vote Leave campaign is part of an international mood to break things. Whether it’s Trump or Johnson, these attacks on the pillars of our society all reflect the same divisive mood.

Best wishes

Wolfgang

PS:
A large number of artists and designers have uploaded pro-EU anti-Brexit posters onto this fantastic website: www.eu-uk.info
Please check it out and tell others about it. 


No comments: